Monday, March 2, 2009

Could "he" be my greatest teacher?? Seriously?? Maybe so...


So before I get too much into this, I refer to "him" a great deal. I should really divulge a bit more about "him". I have to be so very careful not to mention who he really is because he has no clue I am even writing a blog (although he wouldn't be shocked...as nothing I do shocks him). I guess the easiest way for me to keep it all straight is to call him B.

To start off, I was not suppose to have even had a relationship with B. Not even a little bit. He was supposed to remain my high school crush and stay in that little high school fantasy world where everyone's high school dreams stay.

I met B for the first time back in 9th grade. He was shorter than me and lighter than me (which was tough since I have always been the smallest in the class). I distinctly remember him walking into my school for a dance (we each went to single sex schools). I looked at him in his eyes and even as a young teenager, I remember him just captivating me. But, we hung in different, yet overlapping circles, and never really had a conversation with him. He claims I never spoke up, and maybe he is right. I was very good friends with his prom date since grade school and left well enough alone.

Through out college, I would see him at parties and I would not think anything of it. I did, though, express to my boyfriend at the time when we would see him how he was my high school crush. He used to tease me about it all the time when we would see him at a party. I used to become all flustered when he was at the same place as I was...he made me so darn girly!

What seemed like eons later (ok, probably 4...), I had gone through a very very rough break-up of a relationship that was headed towards marriage. The last thing on my mind was dating seriously. I wanted a few flings and to just enjoy my life and friends and freedom.

Then came March 13, 2004.
I was out with many of my girlfriends at the cities big festivities for St. Patty's Day. We were having a blast all day. We even were able to get in to a frat house as full grown women.
I had had several glasses of beer and some food and was enjoying my day to the fullest. One of the stops along the way I looked over and saw B with a few girls around him. I pointed and said his full name. He moved his hand to the side of his face to hide it. I thought...MAN what a complete jerk. Later that evening, I divulged to one of his best friends that I had a crush on him. That was all it took. Next thing I know, there he was, holding a conversation with me at the bar in his green golf shirt. I remember it like it was yesterday. He left his friends to come and hang out with my friends. He gave me a kiss that night and I was estatic. In my mind, I figured it would be it. He gave me his number, but would not take mine.
He somehow got my number and called me the following day.
I would love to say: "and they lived happily ever after"...boy is that furthest from the truth!
As the five year mark creeps up to that day, it brings along some great memories and many emotions...it just reminds me of how blessed I am and how you never know what God has in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment